NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at www.conceptartassociation.com and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is open worldwide, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Concept Art Association LLC, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Concept Art Association LLC as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 3rd 2019 at 10am PST and ending July 8th 2019 at 10am PST. All online entries must be received by July 8th 2019 at 10am PST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at www.conceptartassociation.com. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Concept Art Association LLC.
The art must have been published or have been made available in the public domain between 1 January 2018 - 31 May 2019. This includes theatrical release, broadcast airing, online streaming, and in store availability.
You must own the artwork or have permission from the studio or head of department to submit your work.
You must have been paid by the relevant production company/studio to do the art and it must have been done officially for that project.
The exclusion to this rule is for those submitting in the Fan Art category.
You will not be eligible to submit to the Fan Art category if you have been in paid employment by the company or project that is featured in a piece of Fan Art.
You must be currently enrolled in higher education or have graduated in 2018 to be eligible to submit in the student categories.
You can enter more than once.
You must provide the information requested.
Art must be a reproduction-quality, high resolution digital file. Scanned traditional art (at a high resolution) is welcome, but we cannot accept mailed originals as we will not be able to return it to you.
We accept both 2D and 3D art.
If multiple artists were involved in the making of the art e.g. paint overs, adaptations or models, You can submit as a team. If You chose to submit as a individual please make sure all parties involved are credited.
If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Concept Art Association LLC
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a trophy presented to them at the Concept Art Awards live event on September 7th 2019 in Pasadena, CA. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner, except If the Winner is unable to attend the event then Concept Art Association LLC will assume responsibility and cost for mailing the trophy to the winner. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Concept Art Association LLC. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is non transferable. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Concept Art Association LLC to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry art for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Voting will be begin once submissions are closed. Voting will be open to the professional and student art community including those who submitted an entry. The Concept Art Association can not guarantee that the art community will be the only ones voting in the event, but will take proper planning to protect entrees by requiring email and captcha information prior to voting. Once online voting closes, the top entries from each category will be given to a panel of curated judges from the art community under the supervision of Concept Art Association. The panel of judges will independently score each piece of art and it will be the combination of those scores that will determine the four finalists. Finalists will be notified by email within three (3) days following the judges decisions and will be given free admission to the 2019 Concept Art Awards Presented by LightBox Expo. All transportation, lodging, and meals will NOT be provided by the Concept Art Association, finalists are responsible for their attendance. Finalists must give their RSVP to the event by September 1st, 2019 and the Winner will be announced live at the event on September 7th 2019 in Pasadena, CA. Concept Art Association LLC shall have no liability for finalists failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for finalists provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a finalist cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate finalist selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT CONCEPT ART ASSOCIATION LLC’‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Concept Art Association LLC, anyone acting on behalf of Concept Art Association LLC, and Concept Art Association’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent as it pertains to the Concept Art Awards. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights or permissions. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Concept Art Association LLC. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Concept Art Association LLC and LightBox Expo from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Concept Art Association LLC or LightBox Expo may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Concept Art Association LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Concept Art Association LLC’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Concept Art Association LLC may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Concept Art Association LLC. Concept Art Association LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Concept Art Association LLC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Concept Art Association LLC and LightBox Expo reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Concept Art Association LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States of America AND California, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in your country or state having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. By checking here, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.